Frequently Asked Questions
I want to make it as easy as possible for you to get your questions answered. Below you will find answers to common questions. If you still can't find the answer you need, please don't hesitate to contact me.
- What methods of payment do you offer?[+]RapidWeaver Classroom offers two payment methods: Credit Card and PayPal.
Authorize.net processes your payment via credit/debit card directly through the RapidWeaver Classroom website. Visa, Mastercard and American Express are accepted. The registration and payment pages are secured and encrypted with SSL for secure transactions, and your financial information is not stored on RapidWeaver Classroom's servers.
PayPal is also offered as a method of payment. Please read the following topic for more information.
- Is a PayPal account required for subscription?[+]No, payment for any subscription can be made using a credit/debit card without the use of PayPal, or a PayPal account. The Authorize.net service is offered to process credit/debit card transactions directly through the RapidWeaver Classroom website. Simply select the "Credit Card" payment method during registration.
PayPal is also offered as an alternative payment method. When you select PayPal for your payment method, the 30-day subscription option does require that you have a PayPal account, or that you create one during the registration process. The reason for this is that the 30-day subscription option uses an automatic renewal system, and so PayPal must have your information on file to charge for renewals. The 6-month and 1-year subscription options are not on an automatic renewal system and do not require a PayPal account for registration. In the case of a 6-month or 1-year subscription, PayPal is simply used as the transaction processor for your credit/debit card.
Regardless of the payment method you select, your financial information is encrypted and secure, and none of that information is stored on RapidWeaver Classroom's server. Registration and payment pages are secure and encrypted with SSL to ensure your security.
- Why is my payment sent to Websmith LLC?[+]RapidWeaver Classroom's merchant accounts are set up through the company name Websmith LLC, so this is what you will see on a credit card statement or other billing statement.
- How long does my subscription last?[+]A 30-day subscription gives you 30-day access to the library of video tutorials. The 30-day subscription is recurring, meaning that it will automatically renew at the end of the 30-day period unless you cancel. The renewal will extend your subscription another 30 days and continue to do so until you cancel.
The 6-month and 1-year subscriptions are not recurring, and will expire at the end of the subscription term. If you wish to extend either the 6-month or 1-year subscription, you can simply login to your RapidWeaver Classroom account and re-subscribe from there.
- How do I cancel my subscription?[+]Log-in to RapidWeaver Classroom and click on the Your Account page. On the Membership Information page you will find a tab titled "Your Payment History." Click on that tab and you will see a "Cancel" link appear in your payment history.
If you are using PayPal as your payment method, the Cancel link will direct you to PayPal, where you must sign-in and complete the cancellation. Please note that clicking the "Cancel" link at RapidWeaver Classroom does not complete the cancellation. The cancellation must be completed on the PayPal side, and you will receive a notification email from PayPal confirming that your subscription has been cancelled. If you are unsure if you successfully cancelled your subscription, please contact me and I will personally check your account and confirm the cancellation.
If you are using Authorize.net (Credit Card) as your payment method then clicking the Cancel link is all that you need to do.
- Can I get a refund after my subscription renews?[+]IMPORTANT
In order to receive a refund after renewal, you need to cancel within 3 days of the renewal AND contact me directly to request your refund. Canceling through the Membership Information page will NOT automatically generate a refund. This is not meant to make it difficult for you, its just a matter of the system not knowing if you are canceling to receive a refund and expire your account, or to continue for the remainder of the current term following the renewal.
- If I cancel early, will my account be immediately suspended?[+]No, your subscription will remain active until the date of expiration at the conclusion of your 30-day subscription period, regardless of when you cancel.
You can actually cancel your subscription the day after you first subscribe and your subscription will remain active for the full 30 days. Canceling your subscription does not disable your access to the tutorials, it simply prevents your subscription from renewing at the end of the 30-day period.
- What if I forgot to cancel and my subscription renewed?[+]You have up to 3 days following your subscription renewal to cancel, but after that 3-day period your subscription is renewed for the remainder of the new 30-day period. For example, if your subscription renews on June 1st and you cancel on June 3rd, you will receive a refund for that 30-day period and your subscription will be cancelled and access to the tutorials removed. However, if you do not cancel until June 5th then a refund will not be available and your new 30-day subscription will remain active. At that point you will need to cancel through the Membership Information page to prevent your subscription from renewing again at the end of the new 30-day period.
In order to receive a refund after renewal, you need to qualify (as noted above) AND contact me directly to request the cancellation and refund. Canceling through the Membership Information page will NOT automatically generate a refund.
- Are the video tutorials in HD?[+]Yes, the tutorials can be viewed in 720p HD using the full-screen toggle button on the video player.
- What software do I need to view the video tutorials?[+]All that you need is a web browser and active internet connection. Videos can be played with a Flash or HTML5 video player.
- Can I view the tutorials on my iPad?[+]Yes, all of the RapidWeaver Classroom and Grad School video tutorials can be viewed on an iPad. Simply login to your RapidWeaver Classroom account on the iPad, and view the tutorials as normal.
- Is my Internet connection fast enough to view the videos?[+]The RapidWeaver Classroom video library is hosted with the Amazon S3 service, which provides fast download speeds and extremely high reliability. Amazon's CloudFront technology is used to distribute our videos to servers all over the world, so downloads speeds will be fast regardless of where you are viewing the videos.
If you are suffering from slow downloads, then it is most likely an issue with your network connection. You can help troubleshoot this issue by changing web browsers (Safari, Firefox, or Chrome), and trying to access RapidWeaver Classroom from a different network, if possible. If troubleshooting does not solve the problem and the situation doesn't resolve itself within 24 hours, please contact me and I will look into what else can be done.
- I can't view the videos. What should I do?[+]If you are having trouble viewing the video tutorials then try the following steps in order:
1) Clear your web browser’s cache, quit and restart your browser. Log back in and try viewing the video again. This step resolves 95% of video issues.
2) Try viewing the tutorials using a different web browser. For example, if you are using Safari, then try Firefox and/or Google Chrome.
3) Disable adblock plugins/extensions if you are using them.
4) Force Safari to use the HTML5 player. Go to Safari’s Preferences and click on the Security tab. Uncheck the "Enable plug-ins" option and close the Preferences window. Refresh the page in your browser and try viewing the tutorial again.
5) Reinstall the Flash player. Visit the Adobe Flash Player site to download and reinstall the Flash plugin. Restart your browser after reinstalling Flash, then try viewing the tutorial again.
6) If none of the above steps work, and you have access to another computer (or iPad), log-in to RapidWeaver Classroom from the other device and try to view the video tutorials. If you are able to successfully view them then that means the issue is isolated to the problematic computer.
About RapidWeaver Classroom
My name is Ryan Smith and I have been a RapidWeaver user since 2005. I launched this website in 2008 and have dedicated myself to providing the best RapidWeaver training available anywhere. Read more...
1-on-1 Consulting Services
Whether you've run into some hurdles with your website project, you can't find the time to work on it, or you simply want an outside perspective, I'd be glad help. I offer a variety of 1-on-1 services. Learn more about my RapidWeaver Consulting services.
RapidWeaver Classroom is a life saver!
Built with RapidWeaver
It should go without saying, but this website was built using RapidWeaver and many of its amazing add-ons. Join today if you'd like to learn how to build websites like this!